Should you buy an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 8GB graphics card in 2023?
An NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 8GB graphics card is the bare minimum to run modern games at FullHD resolution. In the fall and winter of 2022, NVIDIA Ampere series graphics accelerators (RTX 3000) fell significantly in price. Therefore, buying graphics cards such as the GTX 1660 Super and GTX 1660 Ti does not make any sense. If the financial budget for the purchase of a video card is up to $ 300, then it is advisable to look for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 model in the secondary market. With a budget of 300-350 dollars, this video card can be bought in a store with a guarantee. RTX 3050 can be called the entry-level graphics card for running modern games in FullHD resolution. It has 8 gigabytes of video memory. Performance is enough for a couple of years if you are not going to play demanding games.
What games can I play on a computer with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 8 GB graphics card?
You can play almost any game in FullHD resolution if you choose the optimal graphics settings. Of course, you are unlikely to be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 on ultra-graphics settings. In this case, it’s not worth talking about stable 60 frames per second, not to mention ray tracing. Thanks to the support of DLSS technology, you can count on an additional increase in performance in modern games.
Advantages NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 8GB:
- A budget gaming graphics card that allows you to play any modern game in FullHD resolution. True, you have to sacrifice graphics settings.
- Developed on modern microarchitecture.
- Does not require a powerful power supply and heat dissipation. This model is relevant for those who have a limited budget for PC assembly.
- The amount of video memory is 8 GB.
- For most games released in the last few years, you can count on stable FPS and above-average settings.
Disadvantages NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 8GB:
- You are unlikely to be able to play demanding games at maximum and even high graphics settings.
- No performance headroom for the future.